Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Personal Astrological Profile for the Sentinel

In another fun little bloggers' game, Aizlynne at Exposed Agenda just tagged me a little while ago to do this sort of paranormal-sounding thing (Aiz loves paranormal stuff), a sort of computer-generated analysis of myself.

Here's some excerpts from the results I find fascinating (I'm an "Aquarius"):

Your nature is essentially firm and quiet without much self-expression. Yet a great deal of determination can be read into your silence. Your will is exceptionally strong, and you must have things your own way. You often go to extremes in exerting your will over others. Your perceptions are highly acute, and you are an accurate judge of human nature. Your abilities lie in investigating, coordinating, and synthesizing, which you use to achieve a personal understanding of the truths of the world.

In love you remain independent; however, your feelings are easily aroused. Here, too, you want to take the lead in establishing the course of the relationship.

The key to a more harmonious self lies in learning to submit to working and cooperating with others, even though it is difficult for you to accept a subordinate position.

Wow- I'm astonished! This is eerie. It's so close to reality. And note that last sentence in the first paragraph, beginning with "Your abilities lie in...". That's 100% correct, actually! Those regular readers of my postings here and comments elsewhere will recall my having alluded to this sort of thing in my own coming to understand what's been going on in Canada and the world. It is this understanding that actually drew me to the blogosphere, where I could see that I wasn't alone in the ability to see and understand what's right before me. And I think perhaps in this campaign, many more Canadians have suddenly discovered the same ability in themselves. After all, they've become as frustrated with the Liberal state as I have been since they first came to power in '93.

I personally am not a believer in astrology. But this is indeed fascinating and does make one think, so I can see the attraction in it for some folks. I'm glad I did this exercise.

I also agree with the following:

A Gemini in the ascendant will always distinguish himself by his rather eloquent speech and writing, his much occupied daily life, and his perpetual lack of an ability to effect swift and determined decisions. As a Gemini, you should try to compensate your hesitancy with fast thinking.

Perhaps I could try to think faster sometimes, but then I fear I'd lose the quality of the thinking and end up like the Liberals, who have demonstrated much deficiency in the area of intelligence. I believe my painstaking questioning and analysis of pretty much everything is my greatest strength.

More thought-provoking stuff:

Your disposition to life-events will be kind and generous (within bounds) but not always fortunate, because of too much vacillation in decision-making circumstances. You possess the capability of rising in life because of your own intellectual assets.

Your mind is open and generous, and your intellect self-sufficient; yet on many occasions, judgment will appear as "twisted". You should restrain useless discussion, strife, and unprofitable argument as they're your worst enemies.

To achieve success, you should stress your literary and scientific studies, give free hand to your brilliant intellect in warranted circumstances, and apply your diligent nature to writing, traveling, communications, and human analysis. In all these activities you are at your best.

I should also include the following:

The Sun was in the tenth house at the time of birth. The Sun here promises honor, success, and prestige in adult life. Publicly you appear as a vital, proud, powerful person. Your individuality has the need to manifest itself publicly and often to foist its energy on others. You have come to life with a satisfactory physical and moral heredity and you are going to acquire the favorable disposition of many persons of power to assist you in your ascent through life.

Your liabilities include an exaggerated pride, arrogance and a tendency to rely too much on your own resources.

We've seen the first two liabilities in the past two Liberal leaders and some of number three in the recent conservative leaders (but fortunately Mr. Harper has learned to make excellent use of the abilities of others and has consequently been successfully leveraging with some excellent advice from the people around him this election campaign). Self-reliance is actually a good quality, but sometimes we do have to let others assist us so as to leverage our success and the success of others.

Mr. Harper's personal and leadership growth is amazing, isn't it? See, he has proven that people can be flexible and can change for the better. This, I believe, is why Canadians have been recently warming to him as the next Prime Minister. He's exactly what Canada needs.

Finally:

Saturn was in the twelfth house at the time of birth. This planet may place many unpleasant and annoying obstacles in your life, and intensify the feelings you have about the limitations of your environment.

Your professional honor affects your feelings very much and you are well satisfied when things go well. Destiny may have to teach you to tell the difference between fact and fantasy more clearly.

Well, as I've noted before, I'm not going to take too seriously the above, but it is fascinating, thought-provoking and fun. Thanks, Aizlynne, for tagging me.

Who next? Ah, yes, I'd really like to see something like this on Candace of Planet X. Now I'll have to go tell her she's "it"...