Saturday, March 25, 2006

More Violent Left-Wing Scariness

W/h/t to NealeNews

I feel I simply must put this up for all to read as further evidence of the scariness of the left.

Why do I rip so much into the "left"? Because they have been ripping into anything with which they disagree or anyone who displays the courage and intellectual sovereignty to question or oppose them or simply promote different directions for society and the world. The left stops at very little. As an example, here's some excerpts from a conservative blog which only survived for a week due to the incredibly uncivilized, felonious verbal attacks suffered by its author, who was running "Red America" for the WashingtonPost.com.

The hate mail that I have received since the launch of this blog has been overwhelmingly profane and violent. My family has been threatened; my friends have been deluged; my phone has been prank called. The most recent email that showed up while writing this post talked about how the author would like to hack off my head, and wishes my mother had aborted me.

That actually sounds familiar. I recall in the comments of a fifteen year old female's conservative blog, a leftist had expressed a wish that her mother had aborted her. I myself have been called by a claimed former Chretien spin doctor a "piece of human garbage".

Why is the left so terribly intolerant of diversity in public discourse?


(...)

But I do have one other collegiate example that might be to the point. When I was a junior in college, I wrote an article about liberal protests against Henry Kissinger’s visit to our campus. The leftists featured in the piece tried to get me kicked out of school. They mounted a six-month campaign against me. They posted fliers about me on campus. They sent me reams of hate mail. Ultimately, they were unsuccessful – the Honor Council completely cleared my name and the article as the truth. The events of the past 72 hours seem like a rerun of that experience.

I have a great many friends who are willing to stand and defend me on this. I appreciate their support. I have enormous respect for Jim Brady and the vision he has at WPNI. But while the folks at washingtonpost.com understand my position and are convinced by my arguments on many of these issues, they also feel that the firestorm here will only serve to damage us all, and that there is no way this blog can continue without being permanently tagged to this firestorm. Therefore, I have resigned this position with washingtonpost.com.

See? The left once again has silenced a civilized voice which they don't like.

Congratulations, leftists. You won another little tiny battle. But you won't win the war for freedom, democracy and the rule of law, all of which you willingly militate against!

To my conservative friends: if the left has a "right" to behave so terribly, then surely we have a "right" to speak the truth and rip into them for opposing not only that but also our constitutionally guaranteed freedom of expression.

We will NOT shut up! Freedom belongs to all, not just to leftists.

Hear us roar!