Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hypocritical Leftists

Since Sunday, the blogosphere has been a bit abuzz with discussion regarding the Tim Horton's explosion incident.
I put forth my point of view, asking critical questions about the subsequent treatment of the incident by the authorities and the MSM. I felt someone had to ask questions about the way they were communicating to the public about what happened and what was found.
The left has made fun of me for that. They come close to claiming I'm perhaps whacko or something... just because I care enough to look more closely at something serious and not let anyone tell me what to think or believe about it. We conservatives know that leftists have considerable trouble thinking about things for themselves, preferring the comfort of following the herd, which is led by the leftist elite, which includes the MSM.
Granted, the police have to walk a fine line when it comes to providing the right amount of information when conducting an ongoing investigation. Certainly it's wise to not suggest to the public the worst, as doing so would create unnecessary panic, which would play into the hands of the terrorists.
I wasn't declaring that the Tim blast on Sunday was absolutely, definitely a terrorist attack. If one reads my posts carefully and with a functioning brain, one can see I was merely cautioning folks to not rule out the possibility completely. I was merely trying to impart the message that yes, it could have been, might have been, as the evidence of which we know is inconclusive, regardless of official statements at the given time. There were questions to be raised, naturally, in the name of vigilance and national security.
The more we keep an eye out for the enemy within and without, the more they'll be forced to look over their shoulders and consequently make more errors, possibly failing in whatever evil attempts should they make.
As for the title of this post:
I find it astonishingly hypocritical of the left to be ridiculing me for "jumping to conclusions" in my questioning of official messaging and of the MSM's failure to do their own job and investigate the incident with the fervor with which they have gone after all folks and things conservative over the years.
Leftists are always themselves making broad leaps of illogic in seeing all sorts of terrible things in us conservatives that just aren't there. They'll take the conservative platform and twist it into something completely fictional, as did the Liberals in the recent federal election, particularly with the shockingly dark, appallingly demonizing attack ads against the new prime minister.
Leftists cannot complain when conservatives ask questions. After all, the left doesn't even bother much with questions, often preferring instead to demonize in an uncerebral, knee-jerk, unhinged fashion, that which they can't or won't understand.
I have no lessons to take from the left.