Sunday, August 03, 2008

Interesting Book

Conservatives Are From Mars; Liberals Are From San Francisco

That's the title of the book. The subtitle is "101 Reasons Why I'm Happy I Left the Left".

Sounds like a good read.

Oh, and here's something the author says:

”Most of the conservatives I know,” Prelutsky writes, “including myself, started out somewhere else on the political spectrum and evolved through time and knowledge and experience. I personally do not know of a single case of an individual evolving in the other direction. I will leave it to the Darwinists to make of that what they will.”


You know, that applies to me, too. I used to be rather further left than I am now, as did most conservatives I know; they tell me so.

Therefore, an individual progresses when he/she becomes more and more rational and conservative. If, however, they go leftwards, that's destructive.

Wonder what causes people to, albeit rarely, go from conservative to liberal? Drugs? Post-traumatic stress? Being brainwashed?

Therefore, it's ironic that those who start out on the left and stay there call themselves "progressive". Go figure.